JCas Tacoma Wa city easy entry 07 LS #188 "REGISTERED"

Ark :D

Goblin Guru
Good job Jcas, your car looks great. The weather outside here in Lancaster, PA, had me daydreaming about the Goblin today. Not a bit of humidity, 78 degrees, not a cloud in the sky. This kind of day would just have me cruising 100 miles in one direction with no destination.

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
I didn‘t even want to go outside with it being 98 today with 80%+ humidity. o_O “Feels like” was something like 110.

Jcas

I didn‘t even want to go outside with it being 98 today with 80%+ humidity. o_O “Feels like” was something like 110.
Not much different in Oroville. So smokey we are heading for the coast tomorrow and will take two days running 101 back home all the while being gentle on the clutch

Jcas

So here we are we made it up to Newport Oregon. Running 101 along the coast is so great we are now wishing that we had a couple degrees of heat that we had on the first few days but it is so great.

Attachments

Anks329

Love the luggage on the back! Is it just sitting on the engine cover, or did you get a rack for it?

Jcas

Okay guys and gals I would like know if we have a problem as we just put 1533 miles on our car in 4 days was doing the math and have discovered that we have put just a bit over 7500 miles on our car since the beginning. Does this mean I have a goblin problem. Go ahead I can handle the truth.

So we have made it back home for a quick batch of repairs new clutch set and flywheel and axle seals are waiting for my pickup in the morning we think we found the starting problem. Bumped the wires for clutch switch and it started so we found that the plug was loose so worked it over to get better connection once back together it is back on vacation and who knows where.

Jcas

So a word to my fellow builders. When experiencing a problem try to look over all the simplest things first. Why my problem started with me playing with a HP Tuner I think was just luck. I am not sure if GM was playing with ECM programming and needing to see both clutch switches before they went to the new design, but for whatever reason my car has to see them both work. If one has a bad connection or is faulty it puts it into a limp mode. The code shown was a P0833 which is a clutch switch B code. The problem was actually in the switch A plug (the switch that is used to activate the starter). My ECM needs to see full range of clutch travel. I was giving a ride to a possible future Goblin builder and noted that a couple of pulls that I was not getting full pull so after the ride I tried to replicate the problem that is when I noticed that I was not taking my foot completely off the clutch and that was causing the ECM to reduce power. So I will try not to give rides like that with my work boots on.

Anyway the fix was as simple as taking the connectors out of the plug and adjusting how they fit on the male part of the switch. I have now been 1500 plus miles with no start issue and no limp mode and no codes.

With the subject of giving rides i love to give them even if a person is just looking it is another reason to go for drive. I have however learned to ask a 1 to 10 question meaning 1 going all out and 10 being my grandmother is driving. Then give the ride in relation to that. The car even as a base model is fast and takes corners like it is on rails.

As I sit this side of putting a supercharger in i am very much in question if I will make a bigger monster out of it and will i ruin a very fun car now and will i be able to take it as a daily driver. My wife and I enjoy finding places to take this car even with all that is going on. The reaction from everyone makes it even more rewarding. I know that we have had more pictures taken than we know but if we see you taking them we are sure to wave and show our excitement.

Future builders if you are on the fence about the build then by all means find one of us close to you i know most of us are proud to show off our work. I know that i am even willing to take mine to you. You know its another reason to go for an adventure.

JBINTX

Goblin Guru
I have a turbo version with a dyno tune downloaded to make about 300 hp at the wheels. It can be driven with your grandmother in it, if you wish. But, it is very happy when I stomp the right foot down. And makes me happy, as well! The ecotec is not hard to get to 250-300 with either supercharging or turbo. A word of caution, though ----- horsepower is addictive!!!!..... :)

Jcas

I have a turbo version with a dyno tune downloaded to make about 300 hp at the wheels. It can be driven with your grandmother in it, if you wish. But, it is very happy when I stomp the right foot down. And makes me happy, as well! The ecotec is not hard to get to 250-300 with either supercharging or turbo. A word of caution, though ----- horsepower is addictive!!!!..... :)
I am very much aware of the horsepower addiction. We have a 1st generation RX7 pushing almost 400 horse to which I finally decided to say enough as I kept putting money into. We have experienced the problems associated with pushing things beyond there original design. Each increase causes the ripple effect. So i am not looking for much increase. I think i will put a 3.3 pulley on and keep horse power down but be a pleasing rush.

Jcas

Well that was close. Hard not to sell when you see those hundred dollar bills being counted out to you. Instead we may have a new build starting soon. He wants lots of zoom and wants to drift it. Everybody has a dream let them have fun working to it. Looks as if he wants me to do the build so I will be asking a lot of questions as he want to go BIG turbo and that is ground I have never crossed.

Some people understand the build process and others just drive the finished product. My guy is the latter so trying to fit his dream to reality will be my challenge. My first build was so much fun to me even with the gremlin that haunted my build for most of the first 7000 miles. It was my dream come to reality.

The part of selling that I could not get past is that to me my build is still not complete as I have the supercharger sitting on the bench and still sourcing the rest of the parts needed to upgrade. That will be my winter project. This will complete my dream a car that draws attention and stompd most supercars.

Jcas

If the guy comes through most assuredly I will post the new build. He wants to build from scratch and not use a donor. I have said that we need a donor and we can go new where it counts. The money and time it will save is to me more than words can say. I will say this as of right now because of our car we are looking to buy a new house. We have found that our build has changed us. It has changed how we think and act. So finding a house has so far been a longer trek than we first thought. I will say we have higher standards now. But that is not all bad.

Jcas

I have already told him this. I really would like to build a monster but I don't feel that this is the car for him. But.............

Classy

Kinda a problem with mid engine cars, handle great until you lose the rear end. This is why I will have drag radials in the back of mine

Jcas

Well this has been a year. I first decided to build a kit car and wow what a car. But I found instead of me giving a new life to a Cobalt that the reincarnated car changed mine. The first thing I noticed and thankfully nobody made any comments about the garage I built the car in was really sad. I really didn't like how low my place made me feel. So just a handful of weeks ago my wife and I applied for our first home loan and to our surprise got what we where asking for plus. So with our acceptance we went out and found the new home for our wonderful car. We are as I type this in closing and should have keys either tomorrow or Monday. Yes I have a new 24 X 28 garage. plus a 16 X 24 shop. So the bad news is we will be saying goodbye to Tacoma the good news is Hello Gig Harbor.